Monday, April 07, 2008

"We're putting the band back together"

John Belushi from the Blues Brother.

I am going to pull this Blog out of the depths of annonimity and begin contributing again. I'm not sure if there are any readers left! But I'm going to work on this Blog again and contribute knowledge for others to gain from. It's been since last August since I posted anything. A lot has happened since then and I'll go through the relevant items in quick-time format:

  1. As most of you know, my mom was diagnosed with a very aggressive form of cancer in 2007. We decided best to move her to San Diego for us to manage her therapy. We are graetful for her health and pray for her continued recovery. Feel free to visit her Blog to find out how she's doing.
  2. I took a job as VP of Marketing at IDEA Health & Fitness Association in August of 2007. IDEA has been a great experience for me and I got to work with some very passionate and dedicated people. Unfortunately I will not be continuing on with IDEA and am working on several options. More on this later.
  3. We successfully put on the third of the Hoehn Motors Del Mar Criterium Series races in 2008. Although we only hosted 2 races this year (in 2006 we held 4 races, in 2007 we held 3), we believe this year to be our most successful year with over 700 racers and 2,000 spectators. Check out some of the video clips on the side of this Blog and/or visit the Del Mar Crit web site for pictures and video of the race.
  4. I was recently diagnosed with a sever case of Ebstein Barr and Cytomaglo Viruses and have been recovering slowly. I simply pushed myself too hard physically and emotionally and my body gave out. I was constantly fatigued (very different than tired!!!) and not recovering from anything. All I wanted to do is sleep, but I was so distraught and stressed out with work and life that I couldn't sleep, which lent itself into a vicious cycle. Goes to show you that Chronic Fatigue can creep up on even the most knowing athletes and coaches!!!
That's it for now. More performance specific entries coming tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.

Kam

No comments: