Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What's it like to ride in Boulder, Co.

IBR in Boulder - Island Boy Racing
Not that you should care but I thought I'd share riding news from Boulder! I'm hoping to hook up with Kurt Luoni this weekend but he's got some 1/2 Ironman tri in a couple of weeks and says he needs to do 3-4 20min efforts instead of ride tempo endurance with me and my friends. cool!

My buddy Roger is outfitted nicely with the IBR kit I got for him...thank you Pedro and we'll be riding in style on Friday and Saturday. I'm sure we'll get a lot of looks cuz nobody's seen our kits here.

Sat across Ted Nuegent yesterday at the commuter airport. He was flying out to Bakersfield for a show after playing at the House of Blues for the troops in San Diego on Tuesday night. Very interesting, articulate man who's deeply passionate about the American way of life, hunting, our troops and the benefits of animal protein. I didn't want to impose too much on his good nature to ask for a picture. But, he did get a chuckle when I shared with him that the TSA geniuses thought he's George Thorogood. Doh!

Okay, it's super windy here in Boulder so no riding today, but will put in a hike through the local trails.

Saturday is the epic ride from Boulder to Lyons, up Peak to Peak Hwy. to Ward, and back down to Boulder via James Town....about 4-5 hours and 6,000+ ft of climbing up to just under 11,000 feet in elevation at the highest. anybody got extra oxygen?

Stay tuned for photos and much more!

Out.

No comments: